Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rough Week

It was a rough past week. I did have a good Valentine's Day weekend before this rough week though. Tyler and I went to Jesterz for our Valentine's date (totally hilarious skit about returning ear wax to a store) and Tyler got me tulips, roses, chocolate and a precious moment. Perfect presents. Then Saturday my mom, dad, Mary, Steven and I went to the zoo. It was great to see Steven marching along at the zoo, pointing to where he wanted to go and trying to hop over the fences and into the animal cages. He had loads of fun and although it wore me out, I had fun too.

Unfortunately I started to get a cold Sunday and then come Tuesday I started to loose my voice. By Wednesday I could only whisper. This was horrible not only for teaching but also because I had parent teacher conferences that day. I barely made it through teaching (at least it was a half day) and then I ended up having to skip out on conferences.

Thursday my voice was somewhat better but not much. I barely made it through school once again ( yeah for it being another half day) and then around lunch time I got a terrible text from my mom. She was in the hospital. I left school (once again missing conferences) and rushed to the hospital. My mom had, had a heart attack or so they believed. It was all very scary and no fun. It took a lot of testing and a lot of waiting but finally on Saturday they did the ultimate test and found out her heart is ok, she has a blocked bundle which is apparently no big deal. Now she is at home and doing much better. She just needs to take it easy for awhile so I have had to arrange babysitters for Steven all this next week. I hope he does ok being shuffled around. I know he will miss his Grammy.

Due to teaching all week and then visiting my mom at the hospital a bunch my voice is still not quite right and I am coughing more. I am really hoping to get over this yucky sickness soon! Hopefully this coming week will be much better and I would sure like no more drama.

1 comment:

Bowman Family said...

I am so glad to hear that your Mom is okay. Bring Steven over any time. I love to help out. See ya Thursday!