The day of Steven's party, Steven decided to not take a nap. This led for chaos and stress as I tried to get things ready for the party with him going about and messing everything I did up or begging for attention. Tyler couldn't help much because he was busily baking and decorating his masterpiece of a train cake. Thankfully we both got everything ready and with plenty of time to spare (especially considering the Hatch's tend to run about 45 minutes late). Right before the start of the party Steven decided to throw some major tantrums because he wanted cake before dinner and I was really worrying me that all this effort would be for nothing-- that the party would be a disaster. I was even thinking that this would be the last party Steven would ever have. Thankfully, Steven's attitude took a major turn for the better as soon as the guests started to arrive and he stayed permanently happy for the rest of the party. I think this had to do with all the attention he was getting, the delicious corn dog he was fed, the straight up juice his mommy allowed him to drink, the candle he was finally allowed to blow out, the perfect gifts he received (he loved all of them) and the sugary delicious cake his daddy made for him. Steven's train party was a smashing success and we are grateful to all the Hatch family and Brady family that attended.






5 comments:
Thanks for the invite...jerk.
I love you :)
And Scuba :)
I second what Mike said....just kidding. Tyler did an amazing job with the cake!
We gave him the best gift!
Post a Comment