Sunday, November 8, 2009

Random Bits

I told my student's this week that baby Ben is stealing my mind. I think they may have believed me! Especially since I keep calling them all by the wrong names...ooops!

Rebekka came over on Thursday with her down syndrome brother- I think he's 13 now? It was funny to watch him and Steven play together. One little kid and one big kid with a similar mind. Parley and Steven ran around hitting things with foam swords and such. They had lots of fun. When Steven says his name it sounds like "Party"

I made a list this week of all the words Steven can say. I was astounded to find that he can say almost 50 words! Unfortunately he still doesn't some important ones like "food" or "pody" but he sure says many cute things liken "Ah nuts!" and "Sank you Batman" (Batman is a Pez dispenser that must be thanked!)

Steven has also now discovered sweet things (as noted from the Batman Dispenser) and food time is becoming an issue. He loves to stand by the refrigerator or our "candy" cabinet and cry. Especially when it's time to eat real food! Ahhh, the tantrums we throw for the sweet things of life!

Tyler and I went to Cheesecake Factory yesterday. It was nice to spend some time with him. It's hard playing single mommy all week and by the end of Saturday I really needed a break and I was really missing him. I was having what you might call an emotional meltdown. I'm excited for Wednesday since we both have off school. I get a whole day with him where we can actually go places and spend money! Sundays are nice but you can't run errands on a Sunday...

Primary today was horrendous. I walked into my room and they were balancing atop of chairs. It took me forever to calm them down and then one of them would not shut up. I finally had to send him out. Then during sharing time I had another one who kept trying to raise my hand every time a question was asked. Then he wanted to clap loudly during music time. Miss Pregnant lady does not have the patience for this. Especially after dealing with children all week.

Anywho, I think it's time for a nap. I've been feeling very drained lately. Imagine that!? Really counting down until Thanksgiving (or more like until Black Friday!). I do love the holidays!

No comments: