
We drove to CA Thursday. Our DVD Player for the car is a beautiful thing- made for a very peaceful trip up ( It helped Steven forget that Ben was within reaching distance...mostly...) Once we arrived at our destination, Ben needed a little Coke to restore some lost energy ;)

Friday morning we visited the Aquarium of the Pacific. Steven seemed to have a very enjoyable time. He would run down one part of the aquarium, barely stopping to see anything and then go back and revisit the tanks he had just rushed by. Back and forth, back and forth... However, I don't think he was too fond of these gigantic crabs his dad made him pose by.

Steven was also a little nervous with the Sting Rays. I had to explain to him that they were splashing up just to say hello and they wanted to be his friend. So although he still wouldn't touch them, he decided he could send some "Hellos" their way.

A cool man shark that showed some lovely insides under the flaps. Blech.

Once we left the museum we stopped for some food. The boys were very well behaved- obvious by Steven's expression right?
Friday night we had dinner with Mike and Rebecca and then walked down the pier. Afterwards we stopped at Rocky Point Chocolate Factory and had some sugar. Steven managed to mostly keep his sticky, mango lollipop in his mouth.

Saturday morning we took a ferry to Balboa Island.The day was overcast, the skies were a bit spitty but compared to the AZ heat it felt lovely. Steven could have cared less about the weather though, he was superbly excited to be riding on a "big boat." And he also claimed to see many fish in the water which I think were really just ripples in the water from the boat...

Awh- the adorable newly weds!
On Balboa Island there was a little candy shop that had one of my favoritest treats- salt water taffy. Tyler gave me permission to "go shopping." Mike and Rebecca waited outside with the boys but of course all Steven wanted to do was to go shopping with me. Instead he had to point through the window at what he wanted (Like we would let him in there!?).
This was pretty much Ben the entire trip- a cute smiley baby who tagged along with all of us.
Steven and I outside of an amazingly "scary house!" on Balboa island. Steven loved seeing all the scary houses..

After Balboa Island Steven and his daddy had some fun at the beach chasing waves. When I told Steven to go say goodbye to the waves and chase them one last time, that happened to be the time that the waves got them. I had one very wet boy and no towel- but at least I had brought a change of clothes!

Before the wetness!!!
This is how Ben spent his beach visit...
I hope the pictures testify to the truly wonderful time we had in CA with Mike and Rebecca. I was sad to leave Sunday morning and sad to be back at work Monday :(
1 comment:
Looks like sooo much fun! That really is an awesome house!
Post a Comment