
So it's been another busy week. I keep thinking things will slow down but they don't...Not at school, work or home...I guess that's good though because it makes time go faster. Sorry for the long post- this is more of a journal for me...
Sunday Mikey dude was in town so Steven and I went to church with him, his wife and my parents. Then we hung out at my parents house. It was really good to see him and his wifey. They are such cute little newly weds :)
Monday was Labor Day which meant no laboring for me- yeah! I went to the movie "All About Steve" with my mom. I had to watch it due to the name in its title plus it looked silly. It was definitely silly. So stupid but still funny. It also had a really awkward scene so I don't know that I would recommend it. After that I hung with my mom and Steven while Tyler and my dad went and saw their manly movie, "The Terminator." After they got back we went to Village Inn for dinner because I was majorly craving strawberry crepes. So delicious! We also babysat Gid this weekend which reaffirmed my decision to NEVER have a dog. As much as Steven loved him and called out "Bye Gi!" every night and called out "Gi!" as soon as we got home, I didn't enjoy making sure Steven didn't kill him and I didn't enjoy the barking that woke Steven up from his nap. No, kids are enough work. No need to add more.
Tuesday was Enrichment and since I was asked to be on the Food Committee I had to be there early to prep the food. They had a whole back-to-school theme . I never will come to terms with themes- is all that extra "theme" work really necessary? Can't we just have food, a class and mingle? Anywho, that meant I got to be the cafeteria monitor during the dinner. I handed out lunch tickets and made sure everyone was eating. I even had a hair net and a drawn on mole. Totally cool right? I ditched out on my post early though because I was starving. I have a baby to feed afterall! Afterwards their was "institute" and "home ech". Then I ditched the last class so I could actually go home and unwind. It was a long day.
Wednesday was mutual. It was a viewing which was no good for Steven. The man was a Patriarch and very popular and line for his viewing was huge (an hours wait). Steven couldn't handle waiting so I ended up ditching out early. I felt horrible that night. I was not fulfilling my calling, I was not being a good mommy and I was just not happy. Lousy.
Thursday was better. It was Mile's First Birthday party. There was yummy food and good company and Steven could be evil without me feeling too embarassed.
Friday was really nice. My friend, Rebekka, came over and we grabbed a bite to eat and then talked forever. It was nice to have company while Tyler is working. He doesn't get off until 7:30 and I tend to get lonely on a Friday night. Yeah for Rebekka putting up with my crazy boy throwing popcorn and tantrums and yeah for her letting me yack her ear off!
And that is the end of my long week. I am done boring all of you! And congratulations to any of you who actually read this whole thing through. That's amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment