Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Job
So last week I finally got news on the whole next year job situation. It turns out my district supervisor likes me (suprising considering all the complaints I had at the beginning of the year) and she has offered me the ELD position at Chaparrel next year. This means I will be doing the same thing (teaching English Language Learners reading and writing) but at a different school in the district. This school has HUGE numbers so they have to fund an ELD teacher there. (The school I am at now has low numbers so there is going to be no fundage.) Chaperarrel is not far from where I am at now and I've heard good things about it. Also my supervisor said I would only have to teach the 1st-3rd graders and that sounds beautiful to me. Those are my favorites. So despite being nervous about starting at a new school with new people, I know I am blessed to even have a job in these tough times. Other districts are laying off 30-50 teachers, mine has only laid off 13. I'm definitely going to keep on paying that tithing :) J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is great news! Good job jenny!
Post a Comment